Smile Makeover Benefits And How To Make Them Last Longer
The main issue is not how to get a dental procedure but how to maintain the results and allow the results to last longer. For instance, a dental procedure like a smile makeover requires good maintenance. In this article, we’ll be discussing tips on how to maintain your smile makeover results.
Smile makeovers are a variety of cosmetic or restorative dental treatments which is used to enhance the smile and beautify the facial appearance of a person. When a person’s tooth is stained, broken, misplaced, cracked, or chipped, smile makeovers can be used to restore the teeth and person’s facial appearance that has been affected by the dental problem.
Also, smile makeovers are not only used for patients who have dental issues. People who need to beautify their dental structure can also make use of a smile makeover. However, since smile makeovers are cosmetic procedures, most insurance companies don’t include it in their insurance plan except the patient has a dental problem that can be detrimental to the overall health and such dental problem requires smile makeover treatment.
Full Smile makeover procedures include dental implants, dental veneers, dental crowns, dentures, dental bridges, braces, clear aligners, and teeth whitening procedures.
What Are The Benefits Of Smile Makeover Treatment?
There are various advantages of smile makeover procedures. As earlier stated, smile makeovers consist of different dental procedures. The major aim of smile makeovers is oral health and oral esthetics. Smile makeovers can also resolve dental problems like:
Stained Teeth: As we advance further in age and grow older, our teeth tend to have a different look due to the various activities they have been involved in. They can get discolored due to the different kinds of food and drinks that we consume. The dentist can suggest that you get a teeth whitening treatment to get rid of the stains and make your teeth whiter and brighter. Your dentist might also suggest that you use dental crowns especially ceramic crowns which look like natural teeth or porcelain teeth veneers.
Missing Teeth: A misplaced tooth can cause issues to the dental structure and general health of a person. Also, it awkwardly changes a person’s look and can cause some confidence issues or low self-esteem. In this case, the person needs a dental procedure that can resolve the defects caused by the dental problem. There are smile makeover procedures like dental implants, dental bridges, or dentures that can help restore your oral structure.
Teeth Misalignment: A misaligned teeth can cause different dental issues like the inability to carry out dental functions like talking and eating. This happens when the teeth are not arranged in it right form and then it stays in the wrong position. In such cases, the dentist can recommend the use of an invisible or clear aligner to help the teeth get back to their rightful position over time. These aligners help to also straighten the teeth. Sometimes the dentist can suggest the use of braces.
How Can I Maintain My Smile Makeover Results?
After getting smile makeover procedures from a smile makeover dentist, the next step is maintenance. Note that, if you don’t follow proper tips on how to properly take care of your smile makeover results, you might keep spending money on different emergency dental procedures or put your dental structure at higher risk of getting infected. The following are ways to sustain your smile makeover results.
- Visit the dentist regularly for dental exams and dental cleanings to maintain your smile makeover results and prevent further dental issues.
- Practice good oral hygiene by brushing your teeth at least twice daily and also flossing your teeth daily.
- Always replace your toothbrush every 3 months. Once the bristles of your toothbrush have become weak, you won’t be able to effectively remove food particles that are stuck inside the teeth. This can cause plaques and tooth decay if the teeth are not properly cleaned.
- Do not use an abrasive toothbrush. This is because abrasive toothbrushes can compromise the results of your dental treatment.
- Avoid sticky, sugary, and hard foods especially sugary foods. They can cause decay and reduce the durability of your smile makeover treatment.
- You should quit lifestyle activities that can cause the teeth to get stained like smoking and drinking excess alcohol. For instance, a patient who got teeth whitening would not be able to maintain the teeth whitening results if he or she keeps smoking or consuming unhealthy foods that can cause the teeth to get stained again.
- Do not use mouthwashes unless they are prescribed by your smile makeover dentist. The ingredients in some mouthwashes might be detrimental to your dental treatment especially teeth fillings and dental crowns.
- Always observe dental changes as they could be signs or symptoms of dental issues that are about to happen. If you notice some strange signs, do not go for self-medication. Visit the dentist instead.