Nightguards in Clearwater, FL
Many patients have a tendency to grind and clench their teeth when stressed or while sleeping. This condition is known as bruxism, and it can cause significant damage to the teeth and jaw over a period of time. To protect your mouth, our dentist may recommend that you receive a custom-made night guard for teeth grinding in Clearwater, Fl. You can schedule your consultation with Dr. Andre Bandeira by calling 727-953-3368 or paying a visit to Sunset Point Dental today.
A night guard is a special type of mouth guard that is used to treat bruxism, or teeth grinding and clenching. If our dentist suspects that you suffer from bruxism, we may recommend a night guard to protect your teeth from damage and prevent teeth grinding while you sleep. Many people who suffer from bruxism are unaware of the condition because it occurs while they sleep. Common signs of nighttime teeth clenching and grinding include:
- Chronic jaw pain, facial pain, and ear pain
- Awakening with a tired or tight feeling in the jaw
- Frequent tension headaches and migraines
- Excessive tooth wear, leading to chipped, flattened, cracked, or very worn teeth
- Extremely worn tooth enamel, exposing the inner layers of the tooth
- Indentations on the side of the tongue
- Increased tooth sensitivity
If you notice the signs of bruxism, you may benefit from a custom night guard. This night guard will be custom made to fit your smile comfortably and effectively, allowing you to sleep peacefully while protecting your smile. We invite you to contact us today to learn more about night guards and how we can prevent teeth grinding. We are dedicated to providing the best possible care for your smile.